The Folklore Museum of Vrakades is located in the village Vrakades,on the northwestern side of Ikaria. The museum was established with the initiative of Ikarian scientists of Athens.
It contains a wealth of folklore exhibits that highlight the history and traditions of the island, such as traditional utensils, old farm and beekeeping tools. Visitors have the opportunity to explore old files and documents dating from the revolution of the island of 1912. Also, great religious artifacts from the church of the Prophet Elias in Vrakades and from the Monastery Evaggelismos Mavrianos, are held inside the museum.
Information for visitors
- Accessibility for people with reduced mobility is not possible to the museum.
- Access to toilets of the museum is not possible for the public.
- The Museum does not have parking for private vehicles.
- There is not a shop inside the museum.
- Αnimals' entrance is forbidden within the museum.
- The Museum conducts year-round educational programs and school visits can be arranged.
Free for all visitors
tel: +30 22750 41381
Vrakades, 83301 Ikaria
The museum is located in Vrakades, near the main road Evdilos. Access is only by private car, taxi or on foot.