The Museum of Mikis Theodorakis is located in the village Vrakades. It is actually the old stone house of Mikis Theodorakis, known as the "House with scorpions." An old Ikarian farmhouse that hosted the famous music composer and his companions, during his exile on the island. This house is now a museum and has been oficially recognized by the Greek state, as listed building. It includes many exhibits of his everyday life during his exile.
Information for visitors
- Accessibility for people with reduced mobility is not possible to the museum.
- Access to toilets of the museum is not possible for the public.
- The Museum does not have parking for private vehicles.
- There is not a shop inside the museum.
- Αnimals' entrance is forbidden within the museum.
- The Museum conducts year-round educational programs and school visits can be arranged.
Free for all visitors
Vrakades, 83301 Ikaria
The museum is located in Vrakades, near the main road Raches-Vrakades. Access is only by private car, taxi or on foot.