Icaria Island Tour – Full Day
Small groups only
1. The Island Tour starts from the scenic town of Armenistis at 9.30am as we set out to explore most of the island and its longevity secrets in one day.
2. We cross Ikaria from north to the south, driving and walking through the hidden mountain villages of the Messaria region: Akamatra, Steli, Kosikia, Plagia and Vaoni. En route, we visit Koskina Castle, and walk through iconic olive groves and herb-strewn paths. As we approach Xilosirtis village, we look down to see where Icarus plunged into the sea.
3. Arriving in the port town of Agios Kirikos, we take a short walk through the historic Ottoman area of Sevdali Socak and the small port market. There is plenty of time for an ouzo or coffee at the seafront as you enjoy the view of Fourni Islands and the vibrant street life along the port.
4. Next, we visit the famous old spa town Therma, with its unique acid salt radioactive thermal waters and old-fashioned cafés and taverns at the fishing harbour. There is time enough to relax and enjoy the healing power of the thermal waters in Spilia, swim in the crystal-clear waters of the sea and taste homemade food in one of the tiny beach taverns.
5. Next, we stop in the traditional hill top village of Ploumari, and talk about how important herbs are to Ikarian diet and wellbeing.
6. We close the tour by travelling inland to the town of Peramaria and its famous stone Monastery of Agia Theoktisti. In the middle of the forest, we enjoy one of the most relaxing sunset views on the island, along with fresh homemade lemonade and Greek honeyed dougnuts, loukoumades. We return to Armenistis in the late evening where we conclude our tour.
-Drinks,food,spa cost are not included in price.
-Groups of minimum 6 persons - maximum 20 persons
-Guiding in English
Reservations until13.00h the day before the tour starts at the latest
Information-Reservations: LESSES TRAVEL (Dolihi Tours Service) in Armenistis
Daily: 10.00h-13.00 & 19.00-21.00- tel.003+2275071474 - email@example.com