The Apollon municipal thermal spa is located in the village square of Therma, a few metres from the sandy beach, near the local bus stop. Chemical analysis classifies Apollon’s water as 'radioactive alipigi'. 'Alipigi' is from the Greek words 'αλς+πηγή'. It means a spring with salts, such as iodine, etc.
A dominant feature at the entrance is a statue of a woman bather. Fully renovated, accessible by ramp and available to all visitors, this is one of the most modern spas in Greece.
The staff are well trained in spa tourism, able to serve bathers and offer services and knowledge to meet all needs.
The Spa centre includes:
- A comfortable reception for bathers
- 26 large tubs for treatment
- A timer outside each room that measures the duration of each bath
- Facilities for people with disabilities
- 2 cabins with 2 tubs where people can choose between water from Spilaio Spa and Apollon Spa, or a mixture of both
- A room with a Jacuzzi tub
- Fresh water showers for bathers
- Toilets for bathers
- Careful cleaning and disinfection of premises
(The 2018 pricelist)
Information for bathers
- Ramp accessibility for people with reduced mobility.
- Toilets are accessible for all bathers and disabled people.
- The spa does not have private parking for private vehicles.
- For balneotherapy a medical prescription is required and must be presented to reception when entering the centre.
- Bathers should have their own shower cap, non-slip slippers, towels or bathrobe.
- Bathers should cooperate with staff recommendations.
- Bathers should shower before using the bathtubs.
- Hydrotherapy/balneotherapy should be done on an empty stomach or 3 hours after digestion.
- Cosmetics and other oils may not be used because they affect the composition of the thermal water.
Therma, Ikaria 83300
Tel : +30 22750 24049
The spa centre is located in the centre of the village Therma a few metres from the sandy beach. Access is possible by local bus from Agios Kirykos every 15 minutes, by private car, taxi or by boat from Agios Kirykos.