The municipal Spa center 'Spilaio' is located on the beach of Therma inside a natural cave,just beside the marina and the local restaurants and bakeries. It is one of the most modern spas in Greece, fully renovated.
The center has a staff well trained on the spa tourism, so it can serve bathers and offer services and knowledge so as to meet all needs.
The Spa center includes:
- Α comfortable reception for bathers
- 1 Hammam of capacity for 15 people
- 2 swimming pools with Jacuzzi for 6-7 people with refreshed spa water
- 1 shower and 1 toilet for people with disabilities
- Outside each room there is a timer that measures the duration of each bath
- 4 Showers for bathers with fresh water
- Toilets for bathers
- Careful cleaning and disinfection of premises
(The pricelist of 2018)
Information for Bathers
- Access to toilets spas for bathers.
- The Spa does not have private parking for private vehicles.
- The Spa is contracted with public insurance.
- For balneotherapy, a medical prescription is required and displayed in the reception, when entering the center.
- Bathers should have their own individual shower cap, non-slip slippers, towels or bathrobe.
- The bather should cooperate with the staff recommendations of the center.
- Each bather should take a shower, before using the bathtubs.
- Hydrotherapy/Balneotherapy should be done on an empty stomach or 3 hours after digestion.
- You may not use cosmetics and other oils, because they affect the composition of the thermal water.
The thermal spring water of Spilaio is characterized as Radioactive alipigi and according to its chemical analysis, it is recommended for the following conditions:
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Neuralgia - Neuritis
- Diseases of the endocrine glands
- Gynecological diseases
- Respiratory Disease
- Low back pain - sciatica
- Kidney Diseases
- Bladder Diseases - Indigestion
- traumatic-postoperative disease
- Fatigue - Anxiety
- Relaxation - Rejuvenation - Health and other
Therma, Ikaria 83300
Tel : +30 22750 24048
The Spa center is located in the village Therma, inside a natural cave, next to the small marina of boats. Access is possible by local bus from Agios Kirykos every 15 minutes,by private car, taxi or by boat from Agios Kirykos.