"Evdilos" means visible, eye-catching. On the north coast, it is the second port of Ikaria. For a short period (1834-1912) it was the capital of the island, before Agios Kirykos.
Built amphitheatrically, it is the central point of the north, containing several public authorities, banks or branches.
Though meeting modern requirements, the little town has preserved its traditional architecture. A feature are old mansions evoking a sense of elegance and refinement.
The visitor can roam cobblestone streets connecting neighbourhoods and relax with a coffee or cold drink in seaside taverns, cafés and bars.
Tip! As the gateway to all the northern villages, Evdilos is an ideal destination for exploring the north.